Are you thinking of starting a business in Hong Kong, you probably have in mind that you require to have a lot of capital. While starting a business can be very expensive, it does not always have to be that way. You are most probably thinking about applying for a loan or feeling that you do not want to have a loan; right now these ideas and questions can stress you. You may have a plied for a loan, but it did not go through, it is not time to give up because you can start a business in Hong Kong using a small amount of capital. You only need to make it through the first year, and after that, your company will have a strong foundation. The following are steps and guidelines that will help you to start your Hong Kong Business with Smaller Capital:
- Make the Business Something You Know
Ensure that you company set up in Hong Kong that revolves around your skills and knowledge or even your hobby. This will enable you to rely more on your input and strategies instead of having to pull in resources from outside at every step of your journey. Reduce expenses like hiring an assistant or a consultant because you already know what to do. Ensure that you start a business venturing into something that you have enough experience and knowledge about. Ensure that you understand what problems you may encounter ad the possible solutions to solving these issues.
- Spread the Word
Inform everyone close to you about the business. Tell your friends, family, acquaintances, and past colleagues from school or other businesses that you have set up your company. Use your social media to create awareness for your business. Send emails and make calls to people you know or used to know. Doing this will help you to market your business without spending a lot.
Avoid unnecessary spending
Since you have little capital to start with, cut down on all the expenses that seem unnecessary. There are expenses that you cannot avoid when starting a business so dedicate your capital to such kinds of expenses. You can choose less expensive alternatives when you can help it. For example, you can buy traditional business cards instead of expensive business cards at this stage. It is important that you become concise on saving and avoiding wastage for your business to grow when you start with a little amount of capital.
- Avoid Credit Card Debt
Handle credit responsibly especially since you have limited capital. Instead of making use of your credit card to purchase all the electronics needed in your business at once, you can choose to buy one at a time or more depending on the profit you make as time goes by. Help your business to succeed steadily by avoiding the stress that comes with debts.
- Sweat Equity
The start of business requires you to put in an extra effort. You will be doing a lot of work and spending most of your time there to build a safe foundation for your business. The work you put in to building your brand and modeling it to be the best version it can be will see that your business experiences upward growth. Sweat equity is the term used to explain the hard work and dedication you put into growing your business. The more you do by yourself means, the less you will spend to have someone do it for you.
Hong Kong Company Registry Benefits
- Company set up in Hong Kong is easy. The process is quicker as it ends within a few days. The documents and paperwork are also less.
- Operating in Hong Kong is easy as there is no language barrier. The official language is Englishthat makes it convenient and easy for you to set up your business.
- Banking is easy also in Hong Kong. You can perform money transfers without restrictions. Banking processes are also free of charge like any other areas.
- Changing your shareholders in a Hong Kong company is easy. Sometimes when your business grows, you may feel the need to add shareholders. You can easily do this for your company in Hong Kong.
- Still, on shares, the issuance of shares in Hong Kong is simpler in Hong Kong companies than for China. You can offer share tickets to your employees to encourage them to be shareholders in your company. Compared to China where the issuing of shares to shareholders is a complex and lengthy process the issuing is simple in HK.
- At the time you start your company set up in Hong Kong, there are certain documents needed for registration are few among them is the business license. The documents just need approval by a local Hong Kong Lawyer. It takes less time when you only need to present the document to one person. If you were using a company from Europe or the United States, you would have to spend a lot of time sending the documents to the embassy in China for notarization.